VILLAGE'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
DIRECTIVES AND PROCEDURES
This page is a summary of Lake Linden Village's response to the constantly-changing information coming to us through the Governor's office, the Western U.P. Health Dept. and other agencies with purview over aspects of our operations. Check the list below to view the measures we are taking to comply with these directives.
1. The Village office is now open for customers. Regular hours have resumed and are as follows: Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri - 8am to 4pm. Closed on Wednesdays.
2. The Lake Linden 4th of July celebration has been cancelled.
3. The FIND IT HERE! community rummage sale has been cancelled and will not be held this year.
5. Turn-offs for delinquent accounts are still suspended per State order. However, once the order is lifted all past-due balances will be due and WILL BE subject to turnoff per Village Ordinance. Water accounts turned off for delinquency have been turned on per State Order.
6. Village garbage bags are now available at DeMars Market, Louie's Super Foods, and Campioni's convenience.
8. The campground is open for business as of Friday, June 5th. Reservations can be made by calling the Village office as usual. Those who have reservations for the 4th of July week can contact the Village office for a refund if desired. Reservations for this year WILL NOT be valid for 2021.
9. The Village Park is open but the pavilion restrooms will remain closed for now. The project on 2nd Street requires the water to be turned off to the building so porta-johns have been set up there temporarily. We are not able to sanitize park structures (benches, swings, playground equipment, etc.) frequently enough and so their use is AT YOUR OWN RISK. We ask that you observe mandated social distancing rules when using park facilities.
10. The piers at the marina are closed for the foreseeable future. This is NOT the result of current mandated COVID-19 measures. The dock itself has separated from the shoreline and is undermined in many spots. We are awaiting word on emergency funding from the DNR to repair them but they will not be open this summer. We have begun preparations to repair the boat launch (separate from DNR funding) and will re-open the launch as soon as possible.